1. What Data We Get
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your consumption of content, and data from third-party platforms you connect with Yensua. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
- Account Data
To use certain features (like accessing content), you need to create a user account which requires us to collect and store your email address, password, and account settings. To create an instructor account, we collect and store your name, email address, password, and account settings. As you use certain features on the site, you may be prompted to submit additional information including occupation, government ID information, verification photo, date of birth, race/ethnicity, skill interests, and phone number. Upon account creation, we assign you a unique identifying number.
- Profile Data
You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, headline, biography, language, website link, social media profiles, country, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
- Shared Content
Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews about content, asking, or answering questions, sending messages to students or instructors, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
- Communications and Support
- Student Payment Data
If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name, billing address, and ZIP code) as necessary to process your order and which may optionally be saved to process future orders. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment service providers, including your name, credit card information, Phone number, Mobil Money number, email address, billing address, and etc. For security, Yensua does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
2. We use the data for:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to facilitate participation in educational content, issue completion certificates, display customized content, and facilitate communication with other users.
- Process payments to instructors and other third parties; Process your requests and orders for educational content, products, specific services, information, or features.
- Communicate with you about your account by: Responding to your questions and concerns.
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors, students, and teaching assistants; notifications about changes to our Service; and updates to our agreements.
- Sending you information, such as by email or text messages, about your progress in courses and related content, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available instructor-created content (which you can opt out of at any time).
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of the mobile app).
- Manage your account and account preferences and personalize your experience.
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse.
- Verify the identity of instructors.
- Solicit feedback from users.
- Market products, services, surveys, and promotions.
- Market Subscription Plans to prospective customers.
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers and/or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers.
- Identify unique users across devices.
- Tailor advertisements across devices.
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features.
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data.
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications.
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.